Click here to register your child for the 2023/24 trials.
About Erdington and Saltley and District Football
Birmingham is England’s biggest education authority. There are over 350 schools in England’s Second City and for footballing purposes, these schools are divided into seven districts. These districts are:
- Erdington and Saltley
- East Birmingham
- Kings Norton
- South Birmingham
- Sutton Coldfield
There are 49 primary schools in Erdington and Saltley spread across the following areas:
- Alum Rock
- Hodge Hill
- Shard End
- Stockland Green
- Washwood Heath
Each year, these 49 schools are asked to nominate players to attend trials for the district team – the best footballers, playing with the best and against the best.
Our schools are:
Oasis Short Heath.
|Shaw Hill |
St. Josephs B7
St. Margret Mary
St. Mary & St. John
St. Peter & Paul
District players continue to represent their weekend team or academy side. District football games take place on Saturday mornings for boys and Saturday evenings for girls.
An illustrious list of players have represented the district over the years with many going on to ply their trade in the professional arena, including the following:
Gabriel Agbonlahor – Aston Villa and England
Darren Byfield – Aston Villa and Jamaica
Julian Dicks – Birmingham City, West Ham and England U21
Ian Taylor – Aston Villa
Gary Shaw – Aston Villa, England U21, PFA Player of the Year 1981, European Cup Winner 1982
Darius Vassell – Aston Villa, Manchester City and England
Barry Bannan – Aston Villa and Scotland
2023/24 District Trials
Parents are also asked to consider the following conditions before confirming the trial offer:
Please follow the link below to complete the trial nomination process for the Erdington and Saltley district trials. The nomination window closes at the end of April 2023.
- Due to the high volume of trialists across our entire squad range, we will not be able to provide individualised feedback after the trial;
- ESPSFA will endeavor to communicate trial outcomes as soon as possible upon the completion of trials but decisions may to take up to 2/3 weeks in some cases;
- If your son or daughter is currently in one of the 2022/23 squads, they will still need to register for the trials;
- All successful trialists must be committed to the ESPSFA training and games programme – do not register your son for the trials, only to withdraw from the team before the end of the summer holidays!
- All parents must be respectful towards all district coaches, players and officials. The coaches are volunteers and the players are children.