Depart Birmingham on Saturday 2nd April, 11:55am
Arrive at Jersey 13:05
Depart Jersey on Saturday 9th April, 9:05am
Arrive home to Birmingham at 10:20am
The cost per child is £472 and this includes:
- 7 nights accomodation
- full board
- proposed hotel is the Mayfair Hotel, St. Helier
- Travel around the island during the stay
Via our fund-raising efforts, we are aiming to raise a minimum of £200 towards the cost of every child who takes part in this trip.
Parents and adult supporters are more than welcome to travel to Jersey on the occasion of the festival, although they will not be allowed to stay at the same hotel as the teams and must arrange their own travel. The company that we are using can be found at http://www.dsljersey.com/index.php
I will be paying a deposit of £50 per child this week. I DO NOT need you to pay the deposit. I already have funds raised to cover this. The remaining balance will be due seven weeks prior to departure. This is Saturday 13th February, although I will confirm this date closer to the time as it could be a little later.
Information about previous Jersey Festivals can be found at:
- Sponsored Penalty Shoot Out: I think most of you have the sponsorship form now BUT if you don’t, please download a copy from here and print it off
- ESPSFA Sponsored Shootout
- If you don’t have a printer, feel free to draw a table using a pen and pencil. I’m not fussy as I’m only after your money!
- The date of the sponsored shoot out will be confirmed early this week
- Aim: to raise £400-£500
- All of the u10s and u11s have been asked to help with this initiative
- Prizes will be awarded for the boy that scores the most goals, the boy that raises the most money and the parent that saves the most penalties.
- Prizes will (hopefully) include tickets for an Aston Villa game, a Wolverhampton Wanderers match-day experience in a box, a pair of signed goal keeper gloves from a top professional keeper, as well as smaller prizes such as footballs and medals
- Tesco Bag Pack: I am currently in discussions with Tesco Superstore, Aston with a view of finalising a date for this event.
- All u10s and u11s will be invited to this event
- Aim: To raise £500
- Curry Night at Bilash Restaurant, Kingstanding: After meeting with the manager last week, I am meeting him again on Wednesday to finalise a date, although it’s likely to be early February 2016
- All who attend this night will pay a set amount for their ticket. Half of all funds raised via the sale of tickets will go to us.
- On the night they’ll be a raffle, chilli eating competition and quiz for your entertainment
- Aim: to raise £500
- Football Golf Tournament: this will be held in March and will see the lads teaming up with their parent(s) to compete against their team mates
- This new sport is (as the title suggests!) a mixture of golf and football!
- Aim: To not come last!
What do I need you to do now?
- Please start raising money by pestering and hounding members of your family and close friends to sponsor you for every penalty that you score!